Ready, Set, Go

Getting Ready
Creating file boxes with file folders with those little stick up signs announcing mundane but useful categories like: "Bills", "Bank", "School," "Paystubs." Buying blanket bags at the Container Store. Sorting out and throwing away rubbish and old purses I should never, ever carry. Stashing the Rabbit and the Kama Sutra at the bottom of some luggage and piling sweatshirts on top. Sending out change of address postcards to family and friends, making sure to put the NEW stamps on so they'll actually get delivered.

Getting Set
Coordinating friends to come and help. Scheduling moving time on the freight elevator. Packing clothes for the next few days in a suitcase so I can pack the rest of it. Finishing dishwashing the rest of my stuff so I can pack it. Throwing out the crap in the fridge. Sweeping my floors for the last time. Picking up my prescription at this downtown Walgreen's so I have a month to change my Rx location.

Go?
Okay, so I'm not quite ready to go, am still getting set.

The thought of being able to come and go brings up another thought...

Tonight I visited R for about an hour and a half after teaching. We sat on his porch and had tea and talked--it felt good to just see him face to face, to feel his arms around me and to hear him say that I smelled nice. I forgot that the lovely thing about not living together is that when I have to go (because I don't live there), that I get to see that he wants me to stay, that there is a longing for just one more kiss or one more cuddle or a few more softly spoken words. I'm so glad that we're still so happy to see each other (even late at night after a long work day) even though we've been dating for so many months already. I'm certainly not ready to curb my enthusiasm when it comes to seeing him.

The other part of me wants him to ask me to always stay, to not come and go. I am thinking there is a part of him that wants that, too, and with time we'll figure out when being together more often is right for both of us. Until then, I'm going to keep being happy and keep getting my life together and the way I'd like it.

There may not be some posts for a few days while I move this weekend. I'll let you know how the painting goes and how I'm settling in soon though. Promise.

Love until later,
K
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile