Baked, Not Fried

Sunburn!
If you all could see how funny my sunburn looks you would die laughing. It is mainly on my chest and shoulders, so it looks like I am wearing a squarish dickey over the top of my body. The dickey of pain. I can't believe I just typed that.

Having a sunburn has made me kind of cross. Like yesterday morning, R made me a great CD and then sat out on his porch, smoked, read the Onion and drank his coffee. I sat out there with him, crunching my toast, restless, burned and cross, wondering if he was ignoring me to read the Onion. (Answer to trivia question: He wasn't. The Onion is awesome. Shit, I would ignore me to read the Onion. The Sun-Times, no, but the Onion, yes.)

Play me a Song
Last night we did do something that reminded me of college. I laid on the couch on his porch and he had me wear the earbuds of his ipod. Relaxed, I listened as he played me some of his new favorite music and then he was like, "Oh, I'll play a song for you" which I assumed was going to be romantic and then he busts out with "I'm so Ronery" from Team America. I laughed about it and was like, THIS is the SONG you picked for ME? Are you sure?

So then he picked a sweet country song that I hadn't heard before (and am trying to figure out who it was and what song it was) and then also played me "Ticks" by Brad Paisley.

I had to drive home after that because I hadn't packed a bag, and it was kind of nice to venture out into the night and think about being with him, and wish that I was staying with him but actually go home and sleep in my own bed. At any rate it means I don't have to get woken up by his early alarm and probably needed to sleep by myself because of the sunburn.

He did made sure that we were still on for our Monday Night date (which used to be about watching Jack Bauer) and told me that I should pack a bag for tonight, and I will. Gotta get off of itunes and blogger and get to work!

xoxo
K
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile