May Turns to June

Weekend update, part I

Friday night I learned of the death of a good family friend. I left you a message, knowing that you might already be asleep, my voice cracking but my words clear. It was not a distress call, but rather a "If I'm sad, here's why" kind of call.

Within the hour you called me back. I talked to you about what happened and then realized that I didn't want to stay by myself. I asked you if you were going right back to bed and you said that you were but that I could come if that's what I was asking. I was. You knew.

You held me and I cried. I sighed and you slept. Waking up the next day I was with you and I know that being around the people I love is most important to me loving my life while I get to enjoy...life.

I wanna laugh
until I cry
wake up with you each day
'til the day I die

Let's go down to 'Orleans
and watch the parade
take funny pictures
eat jambalaya and drink lemonade


On Saturday, we went to a big festival together and spent the better part of the day eating delicious fried foods, corn on the cob and drinking beer. The live music was really good too. We admired the darling children and you talked about how you want some of your own. (I hear you, sweetie. First things first, right?) What I didn't share was that I am struck by the sense that we would have really beautiful children-I would hope that they would have my freckled complexion and your eyes. (And your nose! I hate my nose!) Not that I am in any way, shape, or form ready to be someone's mother but it is fun to think about it a little bit. And it is amazing that we can joke about having children together. I guess not much is off-limits with us. We continue to chart all kinds of waters. Anyway. Back on topic.

You made me try a pizza puff which is most certainly the absolute unhealthiest thing I have ever eaten. (It was delicious, though. You were right. You generally are.) Next you're going to make me eat gyros, maxwell st. polish and probably other things I have no idea even exist.

I have a garter belt from a whiskey vendor. We fell asleep on the couch to "History of the World, Part I." Sunday morning I hightailed it out of your place since your folks were coming to get you for mass. I certainly didn't want to have an awkward conversation with your mom/dad in the morning in the foyer of your building, me with my hair wet and my gym bag over one shoulder. I suppose that they probably know that I stay with you but I don't want to flaunt it. I'm prissy and am trying to be proper, clearly.

I wanna drive, till we get lost
lie in a field
staring up at the sky
while you point out the southern cross

somehow I know
without asking why
that you love me more in a minute
than anyone could in a lifetime


Life is good with Diet Sodas.
Today, I spent the better part of the day shopping with my good friend S. I found THREE fantastic pairs of shoes and a white skirt that is a real knockout. I organized my closets, bought some healthy food and am getting ready to move more close to school. Finally I got some laundry done (all the cool kids do laundry on Sun night, obviously) so I have some decent looking undies and some jeans. You have a box of diet sodas in your fridge for me and now so do I. Yeah!

Lyric credit: Amanda Marshall, Tuesday's Child.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile