Sweet! But Boring! (Damn!)

Life: More Happy
(Posts: More Boring!)

I realize that as my dating life calmed down, and I got into medical school, and am too tired to type out the work drivel, that this blog's main theme has become very close to a "I-love-my-boyfriend" dribble...I know you all are cheering for me, but I don't want you to get high blood sugar from sticking around here! It is more fun and funny to write about mishaps, the hilarious (and often unfortunate) stuff that makes us all slap our foreheads and be glad that it wasn't ACTUALLY US that it happened to. It is less fun to read about people getting along, about people getting to know each other better, about people growing together. Interestingly this is EXACTLY the kind of thing I ALWAYS want to read about and can't ever find. Someone who has a happy, in-depth thing about someone they love. An important relationship. Most often though we write about the odd fight, the weird occurrence, that awkward break-up story. I guess we are gluttons for punishment at heart, enjoying the times when things that should only happen on "Seinfeld" presumably happen to people in real life.

Wait, What?
Increasingly, my inner thoughts about R, as they become deeper and deeper and more personal, have gotten relegated to the leather-bound journal by my bed. It isn't that I don't want to tell you, internets-but it kind of is, too. R and I are working on being real with each other, on being brave enough to say how we feel and what we want and what our dreams are.

And that sort of stuff (unless it lends itself to a funny antedote or discussion) generally needs to stay between two people that have reached a certain point. Because, these things, these moments with him are getting too sweet for me to share, too emotional for me to want to let go of, if even for a moment.

Maybe I'll change my mind. Maybe not.

Things I Liked About Myself This Weekend
1. That I got my hair put up beautifully for the wedding we went to. I felt so much more confident knowing that I looked nicely put together, especially since I was introduced to so many people that have known R for so long.
2. That I didn't drink too much, even though there was an open bar.
3. That I loved the hell out of that man. That he loved the hell out of me.
4. That I actually made it to Mass on Sunday.
5. That I saw 3 friends (that are not R) for a meal or a drink this weekend. Good balance.
6. The way I feel when I listen to the amazingly sweet message from R on Sunday night.

xo
Kate
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile