Chatterbox

For any of you who know me in real life

You know that I am a complete and total chatterbox...and now everyone else will too. This is mainly a byproduct of me being happy/perky most of the time mixed in with loving to think out loud.

It is definitely an idiosyncrasy because from time to time I have been known to talk the pants off of family and friends.

Last night, with the very early morning looming ahead, I started eagerly talking to R while we were snuggled into bed. He was (understandably) NOT amused. I was (slightly) hurt by this reaction, seeing as he and I haven't had a lot of time to connect this week, and he sensed it. Instead of pulling away or just falling asleep, he moved in to comfort me and to give me his attention. Instead of putting himself first, he put me first and realized that right then, in that moment, that I needed him.

Intersection

He's going on a business trip and won't be back until Saturday, which will give me even more time to miss him and hopefully him, me. I left him a note on an index card this morning wishing him a good trip and letting him know that seeing him last night and this morning makes today that much better. I am proud of myself for being brave enough to leave him little notes every now and again when I leave his place. I am the kind of person who wants to leave notes for someone I love, on scraps of paper, in my handwriting. It is more personal than a text message and less formal than a love letter or an email. I make sure that the notes are cool, funny and sweet without being overly so.

With everything going on in his life right now, I don't want to overwhelm him or make him feel like our relationship has a high cost to it or that he can't give me what I need. I would LIKE to spend more time with him but am in no hurry. I want to be one of those people that makes his life outside of work and bills and bullshit sweeter and more complete. (He definitely does that for me.) It is probably good that we are spending time apart and moving in our own directions towards our future careers and lives. I am chewing on the idea that moving in our own directions doesn't have to mean apart, and if we do intersect down the line, because we didn't derail ourselves to come together, our intersection would be even sweeter.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile