Good PR: A Total Knockout

There's enough nasty gossip in the world. Let's hear it for the positive PR moments in life.

Specifically, when one of your boyfriend's friends informs him that they think you're a "total knockout."

Yeah! R was kind of matter of fact about telling me the story, and then added that "It's true, you're stunning."

Also, at the concert last weekend, one of R's coworkers, a slim, matter-of-fact brunette, Leslie, was kind enough to take me aside and inform me that R has told all of the paramedics about how I'm going to medical school, about some of the gifts I've given him, etc. She also mentioned that he talks about me a lot (!), but that she didn't want him to get mad at her for telling me that he was talking about me at work. Let's face it, she couldn't have been totally bullshit because she knew things (little, specific things) about me that I DIDN'T TELL HER MYSELF.

More important than what his friends/family think about me is what HE thinks about me, and he is kind enough to think I look beautiful in the morning when I wake up (even with serious bedhead) and to mention that my hair always looks nice. Love him. Love that.

I'm glad that I am physically attractive to others (I am kind of a late bloomer, admittedly, perpetually late to the "cool & sexy" party)...but am still focused on being an intelligent, thoughtful person. Because nerdy and fun has never failed me; and apparently, I look pretty hot geeking out. Hurray!

I want all of you readers to tell someone that you think is beautiful that you feel that way about them, but only if it is true, and only if you can be sincere. Let's spread the positive PR this week.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile