Road Trip, Baby

Alternate title for this post: "I love him so much!"
2nd Alternate title for this post: (Insert favorite driving music here)

Hi, Friends:

So I have been MIA for a few days here, mainly because Saturday morning we decided to go on a road trip. That's right. Impromptu ROAD TRIP. He gathered up his CD's (he's way better at picking out music than I am) and we both packed a bag and we were off!

It was our first-ever time going somewhere, being together more than an evening and an overnight or whatever. We were together for 24+ hours. And it was wonderful. We were laughing, talking, kissing, sharing, having a great time even on the (long) ride home. If there was going to be a meltdown, it would be then, when we were tired and facing the work week ahead.

There wasn't a point where I felt that I needed to "tolerate" him or that I "needed my space" or any of that. I also didn't feel "clingy" or anything like that. I relaxed and was myself, not worrying about anything but having a good time.

We had a few minor snafus, of course, like that we got pulled over for speeding (and got away with just a warning!) and the hotel gave us two double beds instead of one king (we slept in the same bed anyway!) but so far, so good.

I am catching on to his sense of humor and he to mine a lot more. I feel like we were laughing a TON this weekend, joking about everything and anything that we saw, enjoying ourselves and each other.

He actually did a lot of talking while we were driving, which is always nice. Having him open up means that he trusts me and that we're getting closer. Even if what we're talking about is uncomfortable, unfamiliar or odd to me I am glad that we are able to talk.

I have been getting used to the fact that he doesn't SAY that he loves me very often (he's more of a show-not-tell type, you know?) , so when he was coming around to my car to say a final goodbye, I was taken aback by how he gave me one more kiss and said "I love you." Flustered a bit, I let him know the same. I don't even remember driving home because I was so excited about the trip, heady and distracted from the weekend that we spent and then him telling me that he loves me. Like in the movies.

It would have been nice (and totally fine) for me to stay with him tonight but I didn't have the stuff I need for work tomorrow with me (and I wanted to check on my place) so I headed home. It is good to be in my bed and I am calm, tired and happy. It is nice for me to have the time to reflect on what a great experience that was and on what a peaceful time we had together. I'm hoping that as he goes about his business tonight he'll be thinking of our times together, too.

What is interesting is that the closer we get the less I worry that this won't turn into something serious down the road. If it continues this way and we keep going deeper and deeper together, things will fall into place naturally, as they should. I think I'll keep being me (the calm, cool version of me, if possible) and keep loving him and just let it ride.

xoxo
K
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile