Beer Mecca, Weekend Plans (past & present)

Hello again

Dear R,

I am right in the middle of planning a totally fabulous birthday weekend for you. This involves very serious and pressing questions such as:
"Which jeans am I going to wear on Sunday?"
"When am I going to bake a cake? Do I have cake pans?"
"When is your friend going to call me back?"


You, however, are not terribly amused about your birthday, and we've had this talk a million times, but we are going to have fun, dammit. If it kills both of us.

And...it just might kill me. I am in hyperdrive working on planning out what I have to do, when I am going to do it and on and on. Baking you a real birthday cake would be a lot easier if I had actual cake pans. Oh, and all of the stuff, the flour and the eggs and the organized kitchen spices in the neat little non-existent rack that I need to bake it. And then, I think that it might actually be cheaper to BUY a cake for you, which then makes me think that maybe I should just ORDER one and then not worry about it. (Brief break from blogging while I peruse bakery sites...)

Okay. I need to relax about the cakes. Sometimes my detail-oriented self gets carried away.

Time Flies when you're having fun
I notice that I haven't posted on here since last Tuesday, and really it is because I am working so diligently at coping through work, being a good friend (in real life) and being your girlfriend.

Being your girlfriend and loving you completely is becoming a full-time job for me since we are riding in to your 30th birthday--and when I type that it sounds like complaining but it really isn't--I do so well when I have "purpose", when I have things to do and people to well, fuss over. We've been dating for nearly six months now. Sometimes that seems like a long time but when I put it in perspective it really isn't that long. I don't want to bring up the fact that we've been dating this long to you because I don't want you to get the idea that we should celebrate some fake "anniversaries" or something or that we should be incredibly self-congratulatory about the longevity (heh) of our relationship. We need to keep moving forward for as long as we can. I'm in if you are.

This weekend we had a really good, really busy time.

I feel like I'm still catching my breath, but I am that great kind of tired, the kind where you just WANT to lay around and you know that you're spent from doing FUN things with people you love. (Hell, sometimes I feel tired and I've done absolutely NOTHING. So it is an improvement to be tired about something ACTUAL.)

Friday: I helped you polish off a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's sorbet. You made delicious steak sandwiches for us for dinner. We lazily watched "Indiana Jones" on the couch. We both fell asleep--probably because it was late and we were laying so comfy and warm together.

Saturday: We headed out to Milwaukee to go on the Brewery tour at Miller. We only stopped on our way once to have lunch at Apple Holler, which was kitschy and cute. Any place that serves Apple Butter & Cornbread when you first sit down is OK with me. And Miller Time was as good as always. Like an idiot I forgot my camera so we bought a disposable camera that was affectionately called the "Beer Cam." Upon returning back to Chicago, you patiently waited while I did a quick wardrobe change and then we met up with friends for a double dinner date and "Spiderman 3."

Sunday: We slept in this morning and then went our separate ways; I to meet a girlfriend for brunch and you to head out to your parent's house. Late tonight you called me on your way back from your folk's to say hi, to talk and to confirm that we're on for tomorrow.

I am falling asleep at the keyboard so gotta turn in.

Love until later,
K
xoxo
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile