Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 | posted by Kate | permalink | |

The Parking Garage Guy

Hi, Parking Garage Guy. Or sometimes Chick. You don't know me, but there are things you know about me.

Like, how many times I leave our private residential parking structure at 9:30 at night on a Monday to head out to my boyfriend's house. Or how many times, when I was just first dating R, that he would show up in his big, blue truck and stay all night. I know what you were thinking. And what you were thinking was right.

The Doorman
Hi, Front Desk Guy. Or sometimes Chick. You don't know me, but there are things you know about me. Weird, right?

You see that I'm leaving somewhere with a gym bag in, let's see, um--snow jacket, hat, boots and pajama bottoms. PJ bottoms? Or that time I left here in boots and a long, pink jacket? I was moving quickly because I was only wearing a corset top and a thong under that jacket. I bet you could have guessed if you coordinated with Package Room Guy, he handed me the soft, squishy envelope from Victoria's Secret that had the goods in it. But anyway.

You get to call me when someone's in the lobby for me.

Oh, R's here? Send him up. And then you see that he and I come down around 9 am in our gym clothes for coffee and a walk by the lake, me with my hair in a bouncy ponytail, feeling sporty in my crosstrainers, he in his big jacket and (you can't see it!) but his Marine Corps shirt underneath. We return a few hours later, holding hands, holding coffee cups, laughing together. When he comes back down through the lobby, his short hair is wet and he's shaved. I would bet money that he flashes you a shy smile as he ducks into the hallway for the parking structure.

Package Room Guy

Hi, package room guy. Or sometimes Chick. You don't know me, but there are things you know about me. Strange, no?

Like that I order way too many things from Amazon.com. Or Victoria's Secret. And that when I get a "you have a package" slip, I nearly fall over myself getting in there to get it because I'm so excited I have something in the mail (besides bills). I wanted that Ninja T-shirt, okay?

Overall

You people know way too much about me~ and perhaps aren't even paying attention, but if you ARE paying attention, holy cow. You could write the book on my little dating life. Let's not even talk about what my early-dating days on Match must have looked like to you, seeing me get dolled up 4 nights a week and meet a different man in my lobby. At least those boys weren't coming back up here with me. Okay, fine. That one time. But Scott was boring as hell. Like he was going to make a move.

Kate OUT!
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile