Emotional Time Clocking

8 am: R drops me off at my place, taking extra care to hop out of his truck and walk me to the front of my building, always bending to give me another kiss after I feel like I've gotten all of the goodbye kisses I'm going to get. Happy but tired I quietly ride the elevators to my place.

9 am: I've unloaded my dishwasher, made an action list of things for the day and am contemplating the who/what/where of watching the Bears game. I lay down on my bed and look at Glamour's February issue.

9:30-12 noon: Fast asleep on my bed. So uncharacteristic of me, but maybe I needed it!

12:30: I have two voice mail messages, both from girlfriends that I totally love. The second one has read my mind and wants me to meet her and some friends at a bar a few Red Line stops away.

1-5: I spend a great afternoon at the bar, cheering on Da Bears, drinking Miller Lite and eating a Turkey Burger. On my way home in a cab ($15! Holy Cow!) I chat with my folks who are loving and supportive (but long winded).

5:35 pm: I leave R a playful, short message being excited about the Bear's victory today, asking what he's up to, and wondering if I can come and get my leftovers from last night (we had great Italian but it was HUGE) so that I don't have to cook.

6 pm: I hop in the shower and hear my phone ring. It's a girlfriend of mine (Sweet, but not who I was hoping for. Fuck!) I call her back and we have a good, long chat, which we both needed. I totally heart her. But...inwardly, I'm starting to fume that R didn't pick up the phone when I called, especially after I watched him take like, 10 calls yesterday while we were running errands. Also, since he normally picks up all of my calls. I'm spoiled, okay?

Oh, and the inner monologue starts...

Me: He might not even be back from the game yet.
Myself: Or, his phone is in his jacket and his jacket is in his truck/house/somewhere he isn't.
I: Or, you're making excuses. Maybe he didn't want to talk to you.
Me: Shut up! Of course he would want to talk to me. Sheesh.
Myself: You guys spent yesterday together and um, a pretty hot night last night before bed. Seriously, though, maybe he just missed the call.
I: Or maybe he's hanging out with his friend (who is a girl), C. Or his guy friends. Or his family.
Me: Out of fairness, you did tell him you were hanging with other people tonight, previously.

What if he does call?
I'll keep it happy and light. I mean, I am enjoying myself and do enjoy being alone, but I wanted to talk to him tonight, if only to share the excitement that the Bears are going to keep playing football for a while longer.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile