News Flashes, Dan Rather

Love, Actually
This week I turned 25! Yeah! I guess I could have a quarter-life crisis now if I wanted to, but I'm guessing if that was going to happen, it would already. I got some beautiful cards from family and friends, and had a fantastic dinner out (tapas!) with a handful of my best girlfriends.

The most interesting of the cards came with a birthday floral (hydrangeas, gerbera daisies) arrangement from R, and the card said: "Love, R". LOVE, you guys. He signed the card LOVE.

(Inner monologue: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I mean, do guys just sign things "Love, Such-and-Such" if they don't really like (or possibly love?) the girl? I mean, he could have put "xoxo" or just his name. He didn't have to put "Love." But he did.

Maybe I am picking apart this small detail WAY too much, but it seems important. I mean, I've been dating him for what, a whole month? Thoughts?

Ring Finger Drama
OH! And major detail #2---he has one of those Irish rings (love, friendship, loyalty) that has the hands with the heart on it. He was wearing it with the heart facing out and I noticed on my birthday when he came to take me out to lunch that he had the heart FACING IN.

From Wikipedia:
Traditionally, if the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship. When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart".
OMG, right? He's definitely trying to demonstrate something here. Holy cow, right? I guess there is a reason why I am not starting these posts with "He's just not that into me?" like I did with someone. Bottom line? I am so calm about this whole thing with him. It is like I have known him for such a long time. We had this intense emotional balance right away. I definitely can't wait to have more adventures with him, that is for sure.

You know how you guys know I'm a bachelorette?
...because I buy one roll of TP at a time when I'm at the grocery
...because I have diet soda but REGULAR beer in the fridge!
...because I have frozen burritos and edamame in my freezer
...because I've got a membership card to Hollywood Video (on my keychain)
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile