Turkey Day
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 | posted by Kate | permalink | |

Mashed Potatoes Have Too Many Calories

But that won't stop our tragic heroine from adding to her gym time to avoid adding to her thighs. I am lucky that I am young, strong, and healthy. I should be thankful for all of those things and not make cracks about my expanding ass or immense thigh region. Haha.

Tomorrow I'm going to split the difference between some close friends' houses. Should be really good times.
I'm thankful to have friends that are like family. Great friends are TRULY the family we choose.


Tonight, Tonight

So tonight, R and I are going to order in pizza, salad and tiramisu, watch movies, and be lazy. He's had to work some late shifts this past week and could probably use a break. The movies and pizza are totally my treat, too. I swear to God I am going to fist fight him if he tries to pay the bill.

(Or maybe rock, paper, scissors. Good old rock! Nothing beats that!)

We'll be going out on a more "formal" date on Friday, probably to a steakhouse type place and then to see another comedy show, one that this blog's namesake, Kate (the real Kate) is starring in. Woo!


And Hello to you too

I was just noticing that whenever R shows up at my place to greet me, he hops out of his truck and he will gently (but firmly!) pull me close. I'll wrap my arms around his neck, and he'll tip me back a little and kiss me slowly and tenderly. Just like in the movies. Talk about your romantic greetings, you know? He is always so happy to see me, and after we kiss he's smiling softly and both of us are breathless. I mean, we're not THAT couple that's frenching on the street or anything--we're appropriate but definitely in our own little world.

Pour Some Sugar On Me
I have never been much for PDA, but with R it seems that we can't stand to be next to each other and not be touching in some way. I'll be sitting in his truck and he'll play with my hair or grab my hand or something. We'll be walking somewhere and he'll tuck me under his arm. We'll be trying to say goodbye and it will last 30-45 minutes. Something amazing is going on here, you guys. My head fits perfectly in the crook of his shoulder. The way he hugs me, it feels like he could make everything okay even if he didn't know what to say.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile