Another Hat In The Ring
Thursday, November 16, 2006 | posted by Kate | permalink | |

Wherein our previous front runner is given a run for his money

So tonight I went out with R, a handsome paramedic from the city. He drives a big pickup truck and was a serious gentleman. Mmmmm. He was waiting in my lobby for me (parked his truck in my building despite the outrageous parking fees) and when I saw him I was pleasantly surprised--very good looking and nice body too. Yay! I knew that I thought he was funny and smart over the phone, but, yeah. Wow. He is an ex-Marine (!) and definitely looks the part, packed in his stacks and excellent posture. He even sports a short haircut which makes him look very clean-cut. Yeah!

We had a great time at the concert, lots of good laughs, and as soon as we were standing/dancing/singing, he totally threw his arm around me and then didn't want to take his hands off of me after that. Woo! We even held hands on the way back to the parking lot.

So, we're sitting in his truck in front of my building, and he leans in to give me a kiss. And he kisses me, and kisses me, and kisses me. And, wow. Yeah.

It was nice to be treated like I was a total prize, a total queen. So there are some total sparks there, for sure. Unless he's just unbelievably smooth and is able to finesse everyone the way he did me. I sooooooo don't want to believe that right now, though.

So, let's do a head-by-head comparison of these two:

R (Challenger)//C (Returning Champion)
29, Ex-Marine, Paramedic//28, Engineer, Student
5'11, short black hair, brown eyes//5'11, curly blond hair, blue eyes
Smokes when drinking//Smokes pot occasionally
Occasional drinker//Regular drinker
Divorced (1 year ago?), No kids//Separated (1 year ago), No kids
Taurus//Libra
From Chicago//From Ohio
Lives approx. 40 min away//Lives approx. 25 min away
First Date: Concert, Dinner//First Date: Drinks @ a bar
Has a pet cat//Watches his ex's pet occasionally


So there you have it. Place your bets accordingly. Upon meeting R, I was pulled out of my lovesick daze for C and snapped into my A-Game. Funny how fickle I am.

Everyone cross your fingers that R gives me a call in the next few days, okay?

xo,
K
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile