OMG!
Saturday, November 11, 2006 | posted by Kate | permalink | |

Downtown Girl, MD!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words and support. As of Friday afternoon I knew I was accepted to an MD program that I really love. Hurray! I'm going to be a doctor! I can't believe it! I am so incredibly excited.

Now onto the man news. I know that's why you are all here, you drama queens.


Visit from Mr. Big, Canceled


So my #1, Mr. Unavailable, was supposed to come into town on Monday/Tuesday. I am bummed because he is completely amazing, both inside the bedroom and out. Perhaps it is good in some regard that he is not coming, because it forces me to move on with things in other areas of my life. This fact does not console me, however. It is what it is, I suppose.

Current Front Runner: Update


So I went with him to meet a couple of his friends out at a bar. This guy is not the touchy-feely type in public at all, but a few times, under the table, he would grab my hand or run his hand along my leg. I made extra special sure not to respond outwardly, so that we could keep our covert PDA under wraps. What was interesting was that I know he's not really into doing that but it was like he couldn't keep his hands off of me. Granted, I looked pretty hot in a black halter dress and kitten heels. But still. For someone who despises PDA, to be holding my hand under a tiny cocktail table seems big. I could be wrong, though.

AND THEN, as we were laying in bed, getting ready to fall asleep (now granted, he had had a few drinks, but still)...

Me: You falling asleep?
Him (sleepy, groggy voice): Yeah, I'm falling.
Me: (quiet)
Him: (much softer) I'm totally falling for you.
Me: (quiet)

What I was thinking: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Now. Regroup. Focus. I know people say all kinds of things when they have been drinking a little, but, this. This is kind of big, no?

Also, this morning I was laying on my side, and he was laying on his side, and he rolls over and lays on his back and looks at me. Smiling, he patted his chest and said, "Come here. Rest with me over here."

You guys, he totally wanted me to snuggle up to him in the nook! And then he kissed my forehead when I did. I think that's serious business, team! Also, if you read a post of mine a few times back, I had written about someone who would pat the smooth cool of his chest for me, AND THIS GUY DID IT. Now, maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but him doing that seemed very tender and really cool. If I'm standing somewhere, he'll come up and put both arms around my waist from behind. When he hugs me, he squeezes. He kisses my forehead and the tip of my nose and the back of my neck.

So, I think things are going well with him. We haven't slept together yet (I'm kind of holding out, team, waiting to see if he's into me. Whaddya think?)...but I am thinking it could be good times. I just don't want to go it too soon because I want to make sure he really likes me first. I'm not sleeping with anyone that I don't really like, that doesn't really like me too. I'm worth more than that.

As a friend would say, "I'd sleep with X, but I wouldn't feel good about myself." I want to avoid that!

Bring in the Bench Warmers!


So what about the second string of Match dot commers? Well there are only two right now that I am kind of talking to. The Firefighter, the Jewboy, and OfficeSpace are all a distant memory. The Cop called me today I think but I don't know about him. He seems a little clingy. I am hoping this thing with my engineer goes well, and am trying to stay busy and stay interested in others at the same time so that I don't get too serious too fast. Here are the current new-comers, we are pre-first-date on all counts.

1. The Construction Worker (Men at Work! Woo!). He said some things that make me think he has some emotional issues, like oversensitive. He likes to cook and loves children. He was sweet on the phone but I am not sure what he would be like in real life.

2. The Sports Fan/Ex-Marine (A different one). The whole USMC is trying to fuck me, you guys. Let's just get that on the table. Got an email from this guy on Friday, he seems sweet and smart, pretty cool. We had a pretty good talk this afternoon and we'll see.



Love until Later,
K
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile