Baby, It's Cold Outside

An Irish Cure for the Common Cold?

Whiskey, folks. Whiskey. I have been very, very ill today with a sore throat--the kind that hurts to swallow and feels hopelessly swollen. I even had some episodes of vomiting, which I think was separate (food poisoning perhaps!?). R called me today (Yeah!) around 1:30 and I told him I wasn't feeling well at all. He called back later around 7:30 to "check in" on me and then informed me he was coming over with soup. I told him I didn't really feel like eating, and that I was probably infectious, but he could not be swayed (Yeah! I didn't want him to let me talk him out of coming, anyway...)

So despite the fact that his plan was to head to his sibling's bar on the south side, he drove all the way out to the city to make me a hot drink that had the following: Tea, Lemon, Honey, Irish Whiskey. It actually worked wonders on my throat! Imagine that. I think he is the secret ingredient though.

Imagine that, I'm dating someone thoughtful, considerate, and willing to drive 40 minutes (round trip) to come and see me and make sure I was okay. No fuss with this man, he simply likes being around me. Perfect.

Because being 28 and smoking pot is no longer cool, that's why
What about C? I haven't called/emailed/texted him since that night I bolted from his shithole of an apartment. Frankly, I have spared myself a ton of drama with him--he is handsome and sexy but doesn't have it all together emotionally. Also, he wasn't really willing to inconvience himself for me in the slightest, there was no compromise there. He wanted everything on his terms, all of the time. If it involved him making an effort, well, then, forget it. He gave me the preview for a relationship I certainly don't want to be in, of the "Watch-me-try-to-motivate-this-man", or the "maybe-when-he's-in-love-with-me-he-will-change" variety. I think I have already made a cameo in that type of film before and I don't care to try it again.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile