Thank You For Loving Me

Dear Readers,

Despite my irrational fit of total jealousy right before, R and I managed to have a fantastic time at the wedding! I did briefly bring up the whole 4 am thing with Amy and that I wasn't sure what to think, and he was like,

"Kate. Amy's like one of the guys to me. You have no problems when I'm with Steve or Jeff really late (and I don't!) and Amy's no different. Besides, I haven't been out with her so late ever before."
He paused and half-smiled at me.
"You don't like staying out until 4 am, sweetie." I smiled, nodding.


So I let him know that it gave me some pause and he definitely appreciated that I just told him what I was thinking---I think that is the benefit of dating a man almost 5 years my senior--he's smart/mature enough to understand that if he can react calmly and sweetly when I raise a small objection, that things won't build up with me, because I am the kind of girl who will just be honest instead of letting things simmer beneath the surface. When you let little things simmer, sometimes they become HUGE things because the paranoia and nervousness comes. Anyway. The wedding.

He got to see a bunch of his friends he hadn't seen in a while (especially since his move), and was so cute and proud when he would introduce me to people:

"This is my girlfriend, Kate."
"Steve, I'd really like you to meet my girlfriend, Kate."
"Hey Jeff, come over here, so you can meet my girlfriend, Kate."

And you know what? Just like with his other friends, all of them KNEW who I was. They asked me pointed questions that they wouldn't have had ammo for unless he had given them some sort of heads-up. Sweet. I'm glad he's so happy about us that he's telling his friends that he's dating me and telling them little things about me. Cool.

I learned that R is a fantastic dancer which totally makes me swoon. Dancing to Bon Jovi's "Thank You For Loving Me" was probably the most intense song that we danced to all night. We danced and he sang to a few country songs (he has a great voice!) and totally serenaded me. He is so amazingly fun. And funny. And romantic.

I was ecstatic that I was with a man who would take me out on the dance floor, hold me close, look into my eyes, kiss me on the forehead gently. Mmmmm. Seriously that was my favorite part of the whole evening.

DA BEARS!
So the Bears are going to the Super Bowl. The Patriots and the Saints can totally suck it. My ex was a HUGE Patriots fan so seeing them get beaten in the 4th quarter made my f-ing day. I don't usually rejoice in things like that but I couldn't help it--the evil laughter started when the Patriots lost and persisted for like, 3 minutes. Heh.

This morning, R let me borrow one of his comfy Bears sweatshirts and one of his Bears baseball hats. Like the total lame-ass girl I am, I'm still wearing his sweatshirt and I'm laying in bed. I know, I know. But it smells like him! And his house!

Goodnight everyone. More later this week.

xo
Kate
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile