Switcheroo

More Cowbell

Tonight R is taking his friend "Amy" to a concert. He was supposed to take her to the concert he ended up taking me to, on our first date, in November. Or whatever. Whatever, whatever, whatever. Like, I applaud him for being such a good friend to her, but I am certainly entitled to be a tad (like, 2%) jealous that she gets to go to a big event with him and I don't. He is so much fun to be places with and he and I have such a good time together.

It is probably good because he will see, by comparison, how much funner (haha....where's the grammar police!? I know that makes you crazy!) it is to do things with me.

Things Work Out The Way They Should

On the other hand, I am kind of beat tonight and have rented "The Last Kiss." I've also got three loads of laundry drying upstairs and am contemplating hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows. You know, the finer things in life.

R was here last night and it was a late night...he is soooo incredibly amazing. Perhaps he stayed over because he knew he wouldn't see me tonight. I am feeling pretty unthreatened by this whole concert-with-Amy thing. Earlier on (like, three weeks ago) I was more ruffled by it, but now I'm so much more secure in this thing with R (and am pretty tired tonight) so overall am just like, Meh.

Also, I'm going to a wedding with him, tomorrow. That he asked me to all the way back when we went to his company's holiday party. A wedding, y'all. I suppose if he was taking me to this concert and HER to the wedding as his date, I would have cause for concern. Yawn.

Guess What I Had For Dinner?

Maybe I should do a "Cooking, With Kate!" segment here on "Slick Adventures." Come to think of it, these waffles would probably be good to serve your sweetheart on Valentine's Day, and they are easy. Woo.

White Chocolate Strawberry Waffles

2 Frozen Waffles, Preferably Gluten-Free
White Chocolate Chips
Fresh Strawberry jam or jelly or fresh strawberries

Toast Waffles until crispy. Sprinkle White Chocolate Chips onto waffle, microwave 10 seconds. Spread chocolate evenly over waffle. Lick knife. Yum. Okay. Spread strawberry jam or strawberries over waffle.

You're welcome.

xoxoxo,
K

PS: Update! This...Just....In!

Okay, so as I was publishing this, guess who called? Yep, R.
I'll let you guys listen in--
(Phone Rings, I pick up)
K: Hi, Handsome!
R: Hey! I wanted to call you before I went out tonight.
K: Cool. How was your day? Did you make it to work on time?

I guess there is no doubt who the #1 girl is in this situation with his friend (as if there was anyway!) What I love about this is that he's giving comfort to me, and providing reassurance without me ever asking for it. He also told me that he's wearing the shirt I gave him to the concert! I'm loving the loyalty here.

 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile