Some Serious Birthday Sushi

Sushi always tastes better than it looks. Seriously.
I always have to remind myself of this..It's okay if you do, too. Being a bonafide Californian, I ate a shit-ton of sushi, starting in high school when it was hip and continuing through college where it was commonplace. In the midwest, you have to really look for good sushi places. Thursday night I had a blast at Sushi Samba for my best friend's birthday party! Woo! I had the best spicy tuna rolls ever. And yes, I am aware that edamame is a total rip-off but I like it when other people make it. Somehow when I boil and ice it, it is never right.

This weekend--a possible bummer?
I had a friend coming out this weekend on a business trip, who was going to hang out* with me. Now he's had some family things come up and may not be able to make it. He left me a message yesterday and my heart totally sank when I read it because I was looking forward to seeing him. Oh, well. We will see what happens, right?

I do have a cool party to go to on Saturday and this guy was supposed to be my date, but whatever. I might need a date for this party on Sat, stat! What am I going to do??

(*hang out=If I get brave enough, I might actually get it on with this guy. Okay, so a 95% chance that I'm not going to get that brave. Damn! I can hear you all groaning from here. You guys only thought I was working the serious mojo...)

Fanmail, Total Request Live
So my last post about my next-door neighbor really stirred you guys up! I got some interesting emails, haha. I'm just sort of taking it easy with him for right now, I don't need a whole lot of drama. I mean, he put a few notes under my door. I had a drink with him. He's very cool. Yesterday, I came home to another note under my door from him inviting me to come over "anytime." I don't really think it would take a lot of work for me to seduce him, but I frankly don't want to work at anything right now--AND as my best friend would point out: "He's the guy. If he wants to be your man, his ass can step up to the plate."

The thought has crossed my mind that I could totally work the whole girl-next-door fantasy with him, put on cute pjs, fix my hair in pigtails and act like I needed his help with something in my apartment (amazing how things go wrong when I'm looking really hot all by myself at home, isn't it?!?!), but I just haven't been bored enough (or desperate enough, haha!) to start pulling that shit.

Also, I think he's kind of bummed. I get the vibe that something's a little, well, off with him. Perhaps transitioning back to being here in the states, and not machine-gunning things in the Marines is causing him some difficulty. I have no idea. I don't have any experience about what it's like to re-assimilate back into civilian life, and I'm not feeling, ahem, patriotic enough to fuck him for fuck's sake. I don't think I'm really that kind of girl anyway.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile