Coin-Op Laundry and other Adventures in High Rise Land

Jingle-Jangle! The ice cream truck? No. My Laundry Money.

I shit all of you not. My gorgeous, luxury building has....coin-op laundry. It would be even more funny if they had shag carpeting in there, and a lava lamp. I dug out a well-loved coin purse from waitressing, dumped out the little papers, and made a home for the quarters I'll need.

One whole week in my new place...and....

I am feeling GREAT! If you haven't heard from me it is because I was busy reading a book on my new bed, or making new itunes playlists for my living room. Since I have hauled out all of the boxes, hung my diploma and pictures on the wall, and lit some pretty amber candles, it feels amazing in here. I have a gorgeous west-facing view, the city lights sparkling in the distance as night breaks over the city. Oh, and did I mention I got a CAR? Yeah! It is a cute little SUV--perfect for zipping out to the suburbs or to medical school interviews, or to not have to take the bus home by myself late at night (not safe!).

My Theory of the Universe (A Sense of Humor)

The Universe is a balanced place. If you're going to get something amazing and incredible, you're going to either: a) get it at an inconvienient time or b) get something not-so-great that goes with it. There is no free lunch, no magic bullet, no free ride. (Ass, Grass or Cash, no one rides for free. Or maybe that's the bang bus? Nevermind.) Anyway, the two things need to balance, see? Yin and Yang. For example: I now have the blessing of this amazing apartment, my own space and privacy, wholehearted contentness, the ability to be the mistress of my own little domain. The con? Um, this whole ex-husband issue. Haha, Cosmos! You crack my shit up!

Headstrong, I'll take you on
I have this little picture (tattered from college dorm use) in my cute new bathroom which says:

"Life is too short and too fragile to let its gifts pass you by
Do what's in your heart and soul and be happy."

It is frightening to quiet yourself, to quiet your thoughts enough to really listen to what your heart has to say. I have been afraid a lot of my life to listen to my own heart, because what she was saying was:

1. Not what I was expecting
2. Not what I thought I wanted
3. Silly or Childish

But when you acknowledge your own true feelings, about yourself and about everyone in your life, something powerful happens. Firstly, I felt validated, and the messages from my heart grew louder now that I was listening to them. Secondly, I know that decisions I make from my heart (with consultation from my mind, occasionally) are decisions that I can stand by and will not regret. One day I can say that I lived, I loved, I laughed and I did the best I could. I am going to make mistakes regardless.
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile