Mr. Right Now
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 | posted by Kate | permalink | |

Hello, Mr. Right Now

I am having an interesting time thinking about what I really do want from men right now. (Crickets.)
Okay. What this is would entail a few things: Plenty of space, plenty of sex, and an occasional dinner date. Oh, and ice cream. In bed.

In summary: I don't need Mr. Right, I frankly don't have the emotional energy or patience to deal with such a man right now. I don't want to be working to be the "best" girlfriend right now. I want to be the "best" version of me and work on developing my relationships with my actual girlfriends, spending more time out on the town, more time reading books, more time trying to give myself a bikini wax. (Ouch!) But if Mr. Right Now wants to please me sexually, say sweet things to me and not try to rearrange my schedule, I will allow him to do so. If I don't find anyone suitable for Mr. Right Now, I won't be crying in my gluten-free cheerios. I am doing great all by myself for the first time in my life.

The Letters Under The Door

Has anyone ever gotten a letter in a bottle? I always wanted one of those. I think I got the next best thing: a handwritten note on an envelope from my next door neighbor, who happens to be about 6'1, has dark hair and eyes, and is stacked from head to toe (Brother, wanna thank your mother for a butt like that! We all know who loves a good ass on a man--yours truly!) The man was a Marine, girls. He's recently back from his final tour in Iraq, and has a killer scar where he got wounded. (I know. Girls, keep breathing. Stay with me here.) Anyway, among other things, he noted in his note that he saw me moving in and wanted to come and talk to me, but didn't want me to feel freaked out by some "random big guy" knocking on my door.

I had a drink with him yesterday and he is really sweet and quite charming. (Perhaps that envelope was an application for Mr. Right Now?) We will see. I am proceding with caution but also am taking no prisoners. Is it a coincidence that my next door neighbor is a total hottie that happens to think that I'm beautiful? Life is good and fun, my friends. And I am about to have a rockin' weekend that includes a visit from a special friend, some birthday parties, and hopefully some hot action*.

(*By hot action, I mean in the non-sexual, totally platonic way. Everyone wave to my blog dad, John, from the Catholic Packer Fan!)
 




In my own little world of whatever. I'm just sayin'.

View my profile